A safety strategy document describes the overall safety strategies for a Facility.
The primary purpose of such document is to:
- Provide an overview of the hazards and the means of controlling these hazards
- Provide a basis for:
- The development of area specific safety strategies
- The development of safety performance standards for barrier systems
- Philosophy documents generated for safety critical systems
- The specification of safety critical systems and equipment
- Risk assessments and safety studies in general
The document establishes the context for the design of safety barrier systems. It further defines the role and main functional requirements for the barrier systems based on regulatory requirements.
The figure below shows the relation between the overall safety strategy and some of the other key barrier management documents.