Threats to our climate and our natural environment must be taken seriously. Many of the answers we seek can be found in technological development and innovation. Stagnation is a threat in and of itself. We help our customers understand and manage the threats and opportunities associated with sustainability and ESG.
Many of our customers are facing new requirements and expectations of being a responsible social agent and an attractive investment.
In the typical Proactima spirit, our approach is to “challenge the established” and “simplify the complex”.
We use what you already have as a starting point and strive to ensure that this work is made an integral part of the company’s other target-oriented management, strategies and processes.
We help you:
- Understand and include the implications of ESG and climate risks in the company’s business strategy
- Define an effective and prioritized approach to sustainability within the organization
- Identify and propose effective measures to improve the company’s sustainability
- Communicate and report on ESG and sustainability to various stakeholders in an appropriate way (including sustainability reporting and TCFD reporting)
- Build the company’s competence through courses and training
- Assist customers in the implementation and execution of due diligence processes to reduce the risk of negative impacts to human rights
Integrate and implement
Sustainable governance is about shifting the governance focus from a simple (profit) to a triple bottom line (people, planet, profit). In order to succeed with building sustainable values over time, this work must be well embedded in the company and become part of the company’s “DNA”.
We help you work systematically and targetedly to achieve this, and incorporate sustainability into the company’s structure, culture, competence and management. All of these elements must be worked on in parallel to achieve your objectives and get the full effect from all your hard work.
Risks and opportunities
ESG risks, and particularly climate risks, have some unique characteristics compared to operational risks:
- They can be more unpredictable and play out over a longer and more uncertain time frame.
- Historical data is of limited value in the assessment of future risk.
- Risks are often tied to major driving factors, which have many facets and connections and have the potential to impact your organization in multiple dimensions.
- Your organization has little to no control over factors that impact risks or the measures needed to gain control.
Financial institutions and investors increasingly require that companies analyze and report exposure to climate risks in accordance with global standards. We have successfully made use of the TCFD framework (Task Force For Climate-related Financial Disclosures) to analyze the potential short- and long-term financial consequences on the climate – and transitional risks. We assist our customers with both scenario and risk analyses and report preparations.
Strategy and planning
All work on sustainability should be closely tied to and integrated with the organization’s goals, strategies and action plans. Proactima can help you establish, evaluate and improve your business strategy to ensure that it covers both opportunities and threats associated with sustainability.
Our strategic work is based on robust materiality assessments and risk analyses, and enables the company to set clear goals, choose the right strategic approach and define specific action plans.
Effective and open communication is essential for building trust in sustainability work. Most companies have already encountered expectations for clearer communication on sustainability, and listed companies are already facing specific reporting requirements.
Most large and medium-sized companies currently communicate their approach to ESG and sustainability in various ways. This could take the form of an annual report that covers the breadth of topics associated with sustainability and ESG, or it could take the form of reports on specific topics, such as supplier requirements.
Whatever it is, it is important to ensure high quality in the reporting by adhering to established standards. We have experience with reporting in accordance with established standards, such as GRI, TCFD, CDP and SASB, and we have a good overview of future reporting requirements, such as those required by various EU bodies.
Follow-up and improvement
The organization’s work on sustainability and ESG must take a long-term perspective. Framework conditions and expectations in this area are continuously evolving. This is why it is important to regularly monitor and update oneself on the big picture, while simultaneously following up on and adjusting one’s work on ESG and sustainability within the organization. We help you stay updated and to bring sustainability in as part of your processes for learning and continuous improvement.